Friday, September 11, 2009

Story - Meeting for the First Time

As Katrina sat with Summer on her favorite couch in front of the fireplace, her mind wandered to the first time they had met...

She stood in the commons after lunch, her long brown hair fell in slight curls. Her book was still in her locker, and she had nothing to. Then she noticed a girl from one of her many classes. That was the girl with Tourettes. What was her name? "Hello, I am Katrina, I am in one of your classes, I believe?" She said, with a slight British accent. "Oh, hello. I'm Michelle, and this is my friend, Summer." Summer had seemed mildly interested in the new arrival, but otherwise didn't pay much attention when Katrina made accuaintance with her best friend. Michelle was her first real friend, and now someone was going to come and steal that from her. She couldn't let that happen, but there was nothing she could do. She didn't want to be rude, as unwelcome as her guest may be. Then they started talking. And talking. And talking. And talking. And when Summer thought they wouldn't stop, the bell rang. But they didn't stop talking. They walked to the lockers without her, leaving Summer alone in a sea of swarming students, hurrying to get to their lockers and their classes on time. As Summer slowly started walking toward her locker, she was running through her mind what had happened. She hoped that as she walked to their cars with Michelle, it would be better...

Katrina didn't even remember what she had talked about with Michelle, she didn't have a clue. It was hard to think of her best friend as the shy girl she had ignored, but she was.

8 comments:

  1. "Katrina didn't even remember what she had talked about with Michelle, she didn't have a clue."

    Why am I named Michelle? Can't I be named something cooler, like, um, Awesomisa?

    On second thought, Michelle's good. XD

    I'm pretty sure Syd and I blabbered on about Warriors and stories and such. I remember feeling bad that she had moved here without any other friends.

    <3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Michelle is JUST FINE. I thought of that name, and it suits you. This is almost exactly how I felt on that day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay, that actually caused the amazing new friendship we have with Sydney, I wouldn't change it for anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. actually /I/ thought of it, you just desided that should be Allison's name XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? Oh well, I still made it her name.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. reading over this I JUST saw that Allison said she felt bad for me lol I felt bad for you, too, Allison XD pitty the mentally ill one

    ReplyDelete